W. Somerset Maugham set up a fund in 1947 to enable young writers to enrich their work by gaining experience of foreign countries. The awards are given for a published work of fiction, non-fiction or poetry.
- Akeem Balogun for The Storm (Okapi Books)
- Graeme Armstrong for The Young Team (Pan Macmillan, Picador)
- Isabelle Baafi for Ripe (Ignition Press)
- Lamorna Ash for Dark, Salt, Clear (Bloomsbury Publishing)
The 2022 Awards will open for submissions in August 2021
- The author must be a British national, or resident in Great Britain and Northern Ireland for three years prior to the date of submission for the award, and writing in English.
- The author must be under the age of 30 on 30 November 2021.
- The work submitted must be a full-length book and have been first published in Britain in 2021.
- The work submitted may be poetry, fiction, criticism, biography, history, philosophy, belles-lettres or a travel book. Dramatic works are not eligible.
Charity number 212402