An annual award of £1,000 for a short story, financed by a bequest made by Miss Nellie Tom-Gallon in memory of her brother and generously supported by ALCS.
DM O'Connor for 'I Told You not to Fly so High'
Sean Lusk for 'The Hopelessness of Hope'
ALCS Tom-Gallon Trust Award shortlist
- Maeve O'Lynn for 'Eventually Meeting the Sky Somewhere'
- Anne Aylor for ''The House of Wild Beats'
- Alison Littlewood for 'Swanskin'
- Dafydd Mills Daniel for 'What the Deal is'
The 2022 Prize will open for submissions in August 2021
- The author must be ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom, Commonwealth or the Republic of Ireland.
- The author must have had at least one short story published or accepted for publication.
- The story submitted must be in English and must not be a translation.
- The story submitted may be published or unpublished.
- The work must not have been previously submitted for the ALCS Tom-Gallon Trust Award.
- The work must not exceed 5,000 words.
For any queries relating to the prize please contact email@example.com
The ALCS Tom-Gallon Trust Award is generously supported by the Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society (ALCS).
Charity number 212405