LITERARY TRANSLATION, BOOK TRANSLATION, EDITING AND PROOFREADING SPECIALITIES.
I provide everything you may need for translating:
- English (GB & US),
- German (incl. Austrian German)
- Dutch (incl. Belgian and Flemish Dutch variants)
Over 20 years' experience in translating, developmental and copy editing and proofreading.
Routine projects include fiction and non-fiction book translations, contracts, blogs and website content, regular newsletters regarding financial markets and investment funds, as well as more specialised jobs for art galleries.
Professional membership of The Editors’ Guild, Associate of The Society of Authors Translators Association
and SeNSE Member
- Bachelor of Arts (English, Classical Civilizations, History of Art, German, Linguistics) University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- H. Cert Project Management Damelin Business College, Johannesburg South Africa (Distinction)
- ICDL Computer Society of South Africa - Advanced MS Office (Distinctions)
- TEFL International Career Institute (i-C-i Ireland) (English language tutor)
- Certificate of Web Design Raffles Business College, Auckland, New Zealand (Cert. html/css, seo, coding, etc.)
Various in-house certifications incl. People Management, Business Development, GDPR Compliance
Attention to detail and subject matter research come as standard.
Strong time management skills allow for fast turnaround times.
Reliable professional with excellent language, grammar and lexical skills.
Works well under pressure and meets all deadlines, good at multitasking where necessary.
Strong remote working skills, remote communications, ZOOM, Skype, Slack, Asana, Harvest, etc.