The Premio Valle Inclán is an annual prize of £2,000 for translations into English of full length Spanish language works of literary merit and general interest. The prize was established in 1997.
The 2021 Premio Valle Inclan Prize Shortlist
- Annie McDermott for a translation of Dead Girls by Selva Almada. (Charco Press)
- Sophie Hughes for a translation of Hurricane Season by Fernanda Melchor. (Fitzcarraldo Editions)
- Lisa Dillman for a translation of A Luminous Republic by Andrés Barba.(Granta)
- Fionn Petch for a translation of A Musical Offering by Luis Sagasti. (Charco Press)
- Christina MacSweeney for a translation of Ramifications by Daniel Saldaña París.(Charco Press).
With thanks to judges: Margaret Jull Costa and Sarah Maitland.
The winner will be announced and celebrated by the SoA on the 10th of February 2022.
If you are interested in any of the books here please visit: Blackwells and Bookshop
The 2022 Premio Valle Inclán is now open for submissions.
- The deadline for submissions is 28 February 2022.
- Entries must be translations from Spanish into English but may be from any period and from anywhere in the world.
- Entries must have been published in 2021.
- Full Terms and Conditions are listed at the start of the entry form.
- Presented at a ceremony in 2023.