The John Florio Prize is a biennial award of £2,000 for translations into English of full length Italian works of literary merit and general interest.
Established in 1963 and named for the writer-translator John Florio, who lived in London 1555-1625, the prize is generously sponsored by the Italian Cultural Institute and the Society of Authors.
The 2022 John Florio Prize is now open for submissions.
- Entries must be translations from Italian into English.
- The original must have been first published in the last 150 years.
- The translation must have been first published in the UK in 2020 and 2021.
- Full Terms and Conditions will be listed at the start of the entry form.
- Presented at a ceremony in 2023.