The Sunday Times/ Peters Fraser + Dunlop Young Writer of the Year Award is an annual award, made possible by the Sunday Times and the literary agency Peters Fraser + Dunlop.
The Sunday Times/Peters Fraser + Dunlop Young Writer of the Year Award of £5,000 is awarded for a full-length published or self-published (in book or ebook formats) work of fiction, non-fiction or poetry, by a British or Irish author aged 18-35 years. There are three awards of £500 each for runners-up. The winning book will be the work of the most outstanding literary merit.
The result of The Sunday Times/Peters Fraser + Dunlop Young Writer of the Year Award will be announced in December 2016. This year's winner will be the seventeenth recipient of the award.
The annual award is sponsored by The Sunday Times and Peters Fraser + Dunlop. For more information about the award please visit the Peters Fraser + Dunlop website.
The award is administered by the Society of Authors.
How to apply
Both published and self-published books may be entered for the award, and may be sent by post or via email (as PDFs if in ebook format). Please ensure you complete the correct entry form for your submission.
For a published work, a form must be submitted on behalf of the author by the Publishing imprint of the work.
For a self-published work either in print or ebook format, a form may be submitted by the author directly.
By post: For each entry, please complete the entry form and return it with five copies (non-returnable) of the book to: Sunday Times/Peters Fraser + Dunlop Young Writer of the Year Award, Society of Authors, 84 Drayton Gardens, London, SW10 9SB
By email: Please send the entry in PDF format with the completed entry form to STimesPFDaward@societyofauthors.org
Entry to the 2016 award is now closed.
- UK and Irish citizens and those who have been resident in the UK and/or the Republic of Ireland for the past three years preceding the award are all eligible.
- For the 2016 award, the author must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years on 31 December 2016.
- The work submitted must be by one author in the English language.
- For the 2016 award, the work submitted must have been first published in the UK and/or the Republic of Ireland, in the English language, between 1 July 2015 and 1 May 2016.
- ebooks must be submitted in PDF format.
Note for publishers: Publishers may enter up to two entries per imprint and may provide a written submission for one further title for possible call in.
Full terms and conditions
For full details of the Terms & Conditions, please click here.