Tuesday March 28th, 7pm
ARTISTS IN A GLOBAL WORLD: Immigration, Border Controls And The Implications Of Freedom Of Movement For Artists
- Munira Mirza (former deputy mayor for Education and Culture at the Greater London Authority)
- Jo Glanville (director of English PEN)
- Eca Eps (aka Sarah Peace) (writer and artist)
- Mark Ball (outgoing Artistic Director, London International Festival of Theatre)
- Manick Govinda (Head of Artists’ Advisory Services, Producer at Artsadmin)
The debate takes place at Rich Mix, 35 - 47 Bethnal Green Road, London E1 6LA
Tickets (£7/£5): https://www.richmix.org.uk
Event hosts: RICH MIX is East London’s independent arts venue.
Event sponsors: INVOKE DEMOCRACY NOW: A non-partisan campaign group set up to promote and defend democratic rights and freedoms, on the basis that the referendum on UK’s membership of the European Union was a unique and significant opportunity for the public to engage in democracy and that the result must thus be upheld.
In association with...
INSTITUTE OF IDEAS ARTS AND SOCIETY FORUM aims to encourage open discussion of issues and controversies relating to the state of the arts today, aligned with the IOI’s mission to expand the boundaries of public debate.
NEW NARRATIVES is a group of architects, designers, planners, artists, creatives who view our post-Brexit world as a once in a lifetime opportunity to rethink every aspect of what we do; as a springboard to action and as a transformation of our existing tired creative and cultural sectors.