A brilliant summer work opportunity for an organised and enthusiastic individual wishing to gain experience in the literary world.
Temporary Receptionist/Admin Assistant
The Society of Authors (SoA) is a membership organisation for professional writers with nearly 10,000 members. It advises authors on rights, fees or on any query about the business of writing.
We’re looking for a bright and enthusiastic freelance* worker to join our front line team for a fixed six-week period (Monday 17 July to Friday 1 September), to help cover staff holiday absence and to ensure the smooth running of the office.
You will provide reception and administrative support to the busy team and you will have experience of:
- Managing a busy switchboard
- Data entry
- Events set-up and administration (to support our events team)
- Content editing on websites
This opportunity would suit a freelance worker or an organised and efficient temp with a strong interest in the business of publishing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook and the internet
- Confident working in a front-of-office environment
- Good communication and telephone skills
- Good level of literacy and maths
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise effectively and to complete key tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a team
- A positive and flexible approach to work
- Ability to work with a personable and proficient manner
- A love for books and reading
*As a self-employed freelance worker, it would be your responsibility to declare your income from us.
Temp placement: 17 July – 1 September 2017
Salary: £350 per week
Application deadline: 17 March 2017
Start date: 17 July 2017
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Anna Ganley at AGanley@societyofauthors.org by Friday 17 March.
Download a Word document of this advert.
The Society of Authors is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.